One of the easiest crafts on the planet is the humble paper lantern. I've experimented with all kinds of shapes and styles but I think simple is best. This is the perfect lantern for Halloween but if you're anything like me, and harbour a secret ambition to be a ghost hunter, it works all year round.
YOU WILL NEED:
- One sheet of medium weight paper 45lb (170 gm)
- Glue stick
- Utility knife (scissors)
- Tea light
HOW TO MAKE:
- Download lantern template
- Carefully cut out the 2 lantern sections
4. Fold flap under (area with printing). Now evenly fold entire section in half matching end edge to the newly folded edge of flap. There are faint grey lines at the centre to help guide your fold. Repeat with other section.
5. Glue each flap to INSIDE of opposite section. All done, easy right!!
REMEMBER: Be sure to use a glass container with your tea light. NEVER LEAVE A CANDLE BURNING UNATTENDED!!!
FLAMELESS CANDLES: I love battery operated flameless tea lights - see above picture. I picked mine up at Home Depot (or google them online).